Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to depositing and/or sharing given web content on a server hosted by a web hosting distributor. There are various forms of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a gaze at them. Thus, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a web page, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by certain companies, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting ads by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a particular interval of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly improper interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would split the tasks at hand between autonomous packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some corporations provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share an enormous quantity of images with buddies or colleagues since the solution is typically free. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your email addresses. Some providers provide webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you wish to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred site viewers, you may have a hard time with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to keep as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to run a web site. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Cloudlink, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for particular content solely.